Traffic is always important for each website or blog. However, many of us think search engine optimisation (seo) is the only way to drive traffic to your site.
Many people say Content is king. If you publish good content to your blog and depend on SEO, it will drive traffic to your blog.
This is bad.
In this post, we will take a look on how to increase a website traffic.
We will also look on variety of tactics that you can put in place immediately.
30 tips to increase website traffic
1. Write quality post
This is the first tip which every expert would give to you. A blog quality depends on quality content. Write well researched and detailed information. A good post will not only be loved by your readers, it will also help you get high amount of back links which will improve your organic traffic.
2. Guest Posting
Guest posting is asking website owners to take down your articles on to their sites. You can build HQ backlinks which in turn increases your blog visibility in search engines. It is always treated as a best way to connect with more and more readers.
3. Participate in forums related to your niche and put your website link or hyperlink text pointing to your site.
4. Join blogging communities
5. Submit your website in all search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing.
6. Create videos as per your niche and distribute it all video sites like youtube, metacafe, myspace.
7. Submit your blog on directory sites having only higher page authority and domain authority. They can spread your content to a huge audience.
8. Advertise your blog in Google Adwords.
9. Promote your blog using Facebook ads, It can help you get more advanced traffic as per demographics.
10. Create accounts on social sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and if you target Business to Business LinkedIn is the best. (don’t forget to use #tags, this increases your post visibility).
11. Use social sharing buttons in your blog post. When your readers share your post that will bring more traffic to your site.
12. Comment on other blogs only when you have some value to add.
13. Email list
Whenever you bring something new for your readers mail it to them. People are not like to miss emails.
14. Free Demo
Who doesn’t like free stuff? You can always start something new with 1-2 days free demo. It will always get you new real traffic to your blog.
15. Don’t forget to add tags with your post.
16. Keep questioning and answering on yahoo answers and use your blog as a source.
17. Interview known bloggers in your post. they might retweet your post and may end up linking to your site.
18. Get your blog listed on Google News.
19. Always try writing a post with a magnetic title with modifiers like free, tips etc and try using numbers like I used 50 tactics for this post.
20. Submit your post to social bookmarking sites.
21. Advertise your blog on craigslist.
22. Submit your blog posts in digg and analyse with performs the best. The one that performs try submitting more similar to last submitted.
23. Join communities and groups on social networking sites. When you get a chance publish your post or post link there.
24. Make content translation easy for readers on your blog – this helps you attract international visitors.
25. Sponsor blog contests in your niche – this is a cool way to get backlinks and blog traffic.
26. Be friendly to bloggers in your niche, they may once mention you in their niche.
27. Write guides to something new that readers might be looking for. Guides often go viral thereby giving you huge number of shares, tweets and likes.
28. Publishing a survey’s results on trending or popular topics can increase website traffic like awesome.
29. Provide your readers with a free E-book that links to your site. E-books have often proved to go viral.
30. Participate in websites like Google Groups.
Some bonus tips to boost website traffic
- Be active on every social platform and post a link to your latest article everyday. This alone can drive tons of traffic and more backlinks to your site.
- Always do keyword research before writing a post. Many people miss huge traffic using low searched keywords.
Do share with us which tactic worked for you to Drive Blog Traffic? and if you like this article don’t forget to share it with your friends.