Content marketing is taking priority in digital marketing as compared to any other module.
Today, every expert uses a single term “Content is King”. Why?
The reason is instead of pitching your products or services, you are providing truly relevant and useful content to your prospects and customers to help them solve their issues.
What is Content Marketing?
Content marketing is creating and sharing high quality and valuable free content to attract and convert prospects into customers and customers into repeated buyers. The type of content you share is closely related to what you sell, In other words, you are educating people so that they know, like and trust you enough to do business with you.
How to build a successful content strategy in 7 steps
1. plan – Who you are, where you are, where you want to be?
2. Audience- who you want to tell it to
3. Story- What story you want to tell
4. Channel – where you want to tell it ( Facebook, Twitter, Email, LinkedIn, Blog)
5. Process- create and manage, aggregate, optimize.
6. Conversations – Converse and listen (interacting with your readers).
7. Measurement – Measure and learn.
How to build an authority blog?
An authority blog targets a specific market of like-minded people. It is designed to be the ultimate resource for a particular topic. The primary goal for an authority blog is not set for an instant sale but the site is set to educate the user in order to set a long-term relationship.
There are 3 phases :
- Building the foundation
This is like establishing a new blog or a site. We do basic stuff like :
- Get a domain name and hosting.
- Set up blog (WordPress) (check out how)
- Content planning and keyword research
- Create publishing schedule (when what type of content to publish)
- Hiring content writers
- Creating rich value
- Marketing content
2. Authority Building
This is when you create high value and highly engaging content that attract shares and links. And thereafter we start reaching out to bloggers and build opportunities for guest blogging.
Creating and publishing content consistently is also must. Don’t forget its a long term process. (It is a marathon, not a sprint).
Although you can monetize your blog from day one with affiliates we would also begin with our own products which can’t be given at the very first day.
How to create a highly engaging content?
- Participate in websites like yahoo answers and quora.com
- Set alerts like Google alerts, socialmention.com.
- Use google keyword planner or longtailpro.com to look for keywords.
- Contact guest bloggers to take down your content on their site.
- Subscribe to blogs related to your niche.
- Always be active all social networks.
- Skyscraper technique: In short, we find top content on the web for our keyword and areas of interest and re-write it by updating it and adding more value to the content.
How to find top content?
- Reference by Wikipedia
- Google Search
They talk about every topic under the sun.
How to market content?
- Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram)
- Directories (ebook directories, Infographic directories)
- Multiple versions of same content. (An article can be converted in infographics, video’s, podcasts)
- Forum posting (Search forum sites related to your niche and grab more people by providing them with more information).
- Guestpost- Will not give you thousands of visitors but traffic with a guest post may become your follower.
Content – Present and Future of marketing
Go back and read the content marketing definition one more time, but this time remove the high quality and value. That’s the difference when content marketing and the other informational garbage you get from companies trying to sell you “stuff.” Companies send us information all the time – it’s just that most of the time it’s not very relevant or valuable. That’s what makes content marketing so intriguing in today’s environment of thousands of marketing messages per person per day.
Before we end up I will tell you how to write magnetic headlines that actually works. On an average 8 out of 10 will read your headline copy and 2 out of 10 will read the rest.
Your headlines must :
- Be Useful to reader
- Provide with a sense of Urgency
- Convey the idea that the main benefit is somehow Unique.
How to influence people to click your post :
How to [Mundane task] That [rewarding point]
- How to write high engaging content that is beneficial to readers.
Few More Examples –
10 ways to beat high-cost living
Six types of investors – which group are you in?
How to give your children Extra Iron – These 3 Delicious Ways
5 Sure-Fire Headline Formulas That Work
Who else wants [blank]?
- Who else wants to be a next billionaire
- Who else wants to be a digital expert
The Secret of [blank]
- The secret of getting your home loan approved
- The Secret to becoming rich in a month
Little known ways to [blank]
- Little known ways to lose weight quickly and safely
- Little known ways to hack a website
Here’s a Quick way to [solve a problem]
- Here is a quick way to rank high in Google organic results
- Here is a quick way to get more traffic in less time on your blog
Have an [or] Build a [blank] You can be proud of
- Build a body you can be proud of
- Have a smile you can be proud of
If at any time you have any queries don’t hesitate to comment below.
If you like this article don’t forget to share it with your friends.